Cultivate Tool Kit
Mental Health in Our Community
Events & Updates
Mental Health Campaigns
Trainings & Educational Opportunities
One Community One Book
Children & Adolescents
Expectant & New Mothers
Older Adults & Seniors
e is a great deal of misunderstanding and myths wh
en it comes to
mental health in our communities. In the Kindness phase your community will increase compassion for those dealing with mental illness through awareness and education.
1) Yearly, conduct a mental health awareness campaign during Mental Health Awareness Month (May) or Awareness Week (October)
2) Offer at least one mental health educational or training opportunity for police, fire and EMS. Provide First Responder Tool Kit during training.
3) Yearly, hold at least one community conversation and one mental health training for the general community.
4) Promote the mental health hotlines, 2-1-1, COPE, and county crisis line on social media, print, municipality website, etc.
5) Collaborate with WISE to host at least one Honest, Open, Proud training.
6) Brainstorm how to implement an Active Parks initiative in your community.